Gearing Up For Winter Soon!
Hiring will start in late October. Take a look below for positions we are hiring for at the Ski Area!
WINTER EMPLOYMENT 2023/2024
- Trollhaugen Season Pass (must remain active/ 2 shifts/week)
- Already have a season pass? This season Trollhaugen will allow you to donate your season pass to ONE person of your choosing. This pass is valid as long as the employee remains active (working at least 2 shifts a week).
- Free skiing for ONE friend or IMMEDIATE family members on Wednesdays, including free rentals
- 10% OFF Ski Shop Purchases
- Discounts on Snack Bar Food/Drinks while working
- We are open on Christmas and New Year's - please expect to work at least one shift on one of these days.
- Must be able to smile and talk with guests in a friendly manner. Outgoing personalities are a ++
PLEASE NOTE: Nearly all employees will interact with guests and must be ready to do so in a positive, outgoing, and cheerful manner. Individuals who are not interested in smiling, holding open doors for others, or keep the ski area clean need not apply.
POSITIONS: - Currently Filled but MidSeason Hires do occur
- Lift Operator / Rope Tow Operator / Ticket Checker: 18+, assists loading, unloading, and supervises operation of chair lifts and rope tows. No experience necessary. Must be able to work in adverse weather. All shifts available. Starting Wage $19.00
- Snowmaker: 18+, Day Shift $19 - Night Shift $20 - 12 Hour shifts / when weather allows. Please inquire at Trollhaugen Main Chalet or call 715-755-2955 x0
- Janitorial Staff: 14+, responsible for keeping chalet, convention center, and surrounding areas clean. No experience necessary. All shifts available. Starting Wage $15.00
- Looking for (1) Evening (4pm-9pm) Janitor (18+) $17/hr.
- Kaffe Stuga/Lounge Line Cook: 16+, **WEEKDAY DAY SHIFT** experienced recommended. All shifts available. Rate of pay dependant on experience. Starting Wage $19.00-$22.00 based on experience
- Kaffe Stuga Cashier/Food Runner: 15+, restaurant style service, take orders, run til, deliver food to customers, creating coffee shop drinks with espresso machine and steamer. Evening and weekend shifts available. Starting Wage $15.00
- Dishwashers: 15+, Weekends only and holiday breaks; Starting Wage $15.00
- Rental Shop Technicians: 15+, responsible for proper fitting of ski and snowboard equipment of customers. Will become certified to work with certain manufacturer's bindings. No experience necessary. All shifts available. Starting Wage $15.00
- Snack Bar Cashier: 15+, fast food style service, take orders, run cash register, retrieve food. No experience required, all shifts available. Starting Wage $15.00
- Snack Bar Cook: 16+, fast food style cook, must be a quick worker. No experience necessary, all shift available. Starting Wage $15.00-$17.00
- Terrain Park Crew: 16+, need outgoing, hard working individuals who like to work outside and preferably enjoy the terrain park. This department maintains our terrain parks with care. Starting Wage $15.00
- Ticket Office/Tubing Office Staff: 15+, need engaging, responsible, and quick witted individuals. Responsible for learning about and selling of tickets, season passes, lesson programs, and more. Responsible for answering phones, and other typical clerical work. Tubing Office only open Fri-Sun and Holidays. Starting Wage $15.00
- Tubing Hill Attendant: 15+, responsible for directing tubers in and out of tubing lanes. Need exceptionally outgoing and engaging staff who can have fun with customers while still keeping safety as their top priority. Weekend shift and variable midweek shifts available when we have group outings. Starting Wage $16.00-$17.00
- Ski and Snowboard Instructors: 14+- Ski and Snowboard (Includes Family Season Pass). Please contact Steve Kinzer at 715-755-2955 x226 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Bartenders: 18+, experience preferred, looking for weekday day-time shift and other spot shifts. Must be able to work alone and be a self starter during slow times. Starting Wage $9.00+tips
- Banquet Waitstaff: 15+, Serving food and beverages for our catered events, typically on weekends and sporadic throughout the year; Wage+Tips = $25-$30/hour
- NOTE** Ages 16 and under start at an opportunity wage rate of $10/hour and will remain at that rate until approved by manager.
ADVENTURE PARK EXPECTATIONS:
All Summer candidates must be 16+. Jobs listed below are in a physically demanding environment and require cardiovascular endurance and strength. All jobs require excellent communication skills as you need to be able to relay pertinent safety protocols to participants and co-workers. The physical and emotional safety of all is our number one priority. Below is a list of further job expectations:
Appreciation of heights
Comfortable speaking in front of groups and interacting with others
Monitor behavior and activity of customers
Appreciation and respect for the challenge by choice policy
Need to make training dates (full days)
APPLY NOW: Use our online application OR download & print an application to turn in at the main office.
- Hourly wage during training: $12/hr.
- Average hourly wage including tips: $16-17/hr.
- Additional pay increases available to returning summer employees.
- All training costs are paid for by the employer.
PARK GUIDE: $15 Starting Wage / 16 yrs +
Job Tasks :
• Welcome participants while creating a positive and comfortable atmosphere
• Introduce the park, rules, and safety protocols
• Proper gear up of customers and equipment training
• Monitoring the park and assisting individuals when needed
• Assist in emergency situations and perform rescues
• Equipment and limited course inspection
• APB (Adventure Park Beautification)
ZIP GUIDE: $15 Starting Wage / 16 yrs +
All the duties of Park Guide listed above +
• Co-lead groups through zip tours
• Safely send and receive guests on ziplines
• Create a fun atmosphere while managing risk for guests