Covid-19 Response at Trollhaugen
At Trollhaugen we are committed to creating the best possible environment to enjoy skiing, snowboarding, and tubing this winter. The following are procedures and protocols for this season in response to COVID-19. Similar to last season, any new information that comes available may change our policies, including federal, state, and local public health guidelines. We expect another great season outside and on the slopes! Please note - If you are sick or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 please stay home.
Latest Update: 10/11/2021
previous update 12/20/2020
State and Local Restrictions:
There are currently NO state or local restrictions in Polk County, Wisconsin.
Trollhaugen Protocols, Procedures, and Restrictions:
- Face Covers will not be required
- We will continue to require advanced ticket sales as we sold out many days over the course of last winter. Our goal is to never have a lift line that requires more than a 15 minute wait.
- Outdoor seating will remain available this season.
- Outdoor portable restrooms will also be available in addition to interior restrooms this season.
- Please check the website for posted hours of operation before coming.
Riding Chair Lifts:
- Face coverings are not required
- On busy days, we ask that chairs be filled to full capacity, and you may be seated next to someone not in your party.
- Face coverings are optional and not required. If you have not received the vaccine, they are recommended.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be readily available in common areas.
- Trollhaugen staff will routinely disinfect high touch surfaces.
- Crockpots will not be allowed this year.
- Bags must be kept in either a locker, a cubby, or in your car. Cubby/Locker Space is Limited!
Food and Beverage
- Offerings will be limited this season.
- Menus will be both online and publicly posted at the area.
- Rearranging and moving tables will not be allowed.
Skolhaugen Lounge/Bar and Kaffe Stuga/Restaurant Specific
- Once food or beverage is finished, we ask that patrons vacate the area - this area is not to be used for general seating. There is no storage for personal belongings in these areas.
Common Area Seating: Lower Level
- During high traffic times patrons will not be allowed to loiter in the lower level/commons area. This area will be for patrons wishing to eat, drink, and quickly warm up. Please limit the amount of time spent indoors. If you are waiting for a patron, please wait for them in your vehicle. Remember that personal items must be stored either in cubbies/lockers/vehicles and crockpots are not allowed.
- All tickets and passes will be purchasable online.
- Tickets purchased will be good for a specific day. If you are SICK or have been around someone who is sick - DO NOT COME. We can transfer that ticket to another day.
- Tickets purchased for any of our daily specials will only be valid on those specific days.
- On weekends and busy days we will be operating an outdoor scanning booth for prepurchased lift tickets for those who do not wish to enter the building.
- Season Passes are available by pick up only. They can be picked up during business hours or the first time you come to ski/snowboard.
- Only new passholders or passholders under the age of 18 need to have their pictures taken for their pass - which can be done in the main Ticket Office.
- On weekends and busy days we will be operating an outdoor scanning booth for season passholders who do not wish to enter the building.
- As rentals may be in higher demand than previous years - we are strongly encouraging customers to prepurchase online with their lift ticket.
- We will be disinfecting our rental boots and helmets after each use.
- Private lessons and limited capacity group lessons are available for pre-purchase online.
- Please ask before trying something on
- Customers may not be allowed into the Patrol Building, except for a medical emergency.
- Only one caretaker will be allowed to enter the patrol building with the patient.
- An outdoor triage unit will be set up near the patrol building for general incidents.
- Prior Reservations with specific time slots will be required. These reservations can be made online or by calling in to the office.
- All employees are required to perform a daily health self-check, regularly wash their hands, and stay home if they are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. If our local health authority indicates that we are experiencing high transmissions rates, we will require our indoor staff to wear face coverings.
Exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk in any public location where people are present. Trollhaugen cannot guarantee you will not be exposed to COVID-19 during your visit. The risk of being exposed or becoming sick due to COVID-19 cannot be eliminated. Every skier and rider shares the responsibility for a safe and healthy skiing experience. It is your responsibility to read and comply with all instructions and signage posted at the ski area and on trollhaugen.com. Please stay home if you are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
These policies and procedures are subject to change based on statewide protocol. Thanks for your patience as we navigate this season as safely as we can!